- PhD (Information Science) from University of North Carolina (UNC) Chapel Hill (May 2010)
- MS (Computer Science) from University of Massachusetts (UMass) Amherst (May 2006)
- MTech (Computer Technology) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras (January 2002)
- BE (Computer Engineering) from Dharamsinh Desai Institute of Technology (DDIT), Nadiad, Gujarat, India (May 2000)
- Associate Professor, Information School, University of Washington. Since August 2019.
- Amazon Scholar, Amazon. May-December 2019.
- Visiting Research Scientist, Spotify. May 2018-January 2019.
- Consultant, United Nations Data Analytics. Since Sept. 2016.
- Consultant, Brainly. 2016-2017.
- Associate Professor, School of Communication & Information at Rutgers University. July 2016-June 2019.
- Assistant Professor, School of Communication & Information at Rutgers University. July 2010-June 2016.
- Affiliate member of graduate faculty, Dept. of Computer Science, Rutgers University. Since 2013.
- Affiliate faculty of Rutgers Climate Institute, Rutgers University. 2016-2019.
- Scientific Advisor. Texifter - a startup for developing tools and support for extracting and analyzing information from online sources. Springfield, MA. Sept. 2010-Aug. 2012.
- Director of Web Technologies, Texifter - a startup for developing tools and support for extracting and analyzing information from online sources. Springfield, MA. Sept. 2009- Aug. 2010.
- Summer intern at Fuji Xerox Palo Alto Lab (FXPAL) at California. Work on TRECVid as well as Collaborative Information Retrieval. Palo Alto, CA. Summer 2007.
- Visiting research fellow at National Institute of Informatics (NII) at Tokyo, Japan. Summer 2006.
- Summer intern at Honda Research Institute at Mountain View, California. Summer 2004.